Friday, January 17, 2014

What I Know For Sure

My mom gave me a subscription to the Oprah magazine for Christmas. Never really thought of myself as an Oprah kind of girl, but hey, maybe it's a sign she thinks of me a mature woman rather than a boy-crazy teenager...finally.

With my new years resolution of eliminating trashy gossip magazines from my budget, I decided to give it a shot. My first issue arrived yesterday and I delivered it straight to my bathroom. TMI? Sorry guys...I promised to be genuine in my posts : )

In the midst of the wild raucous routine we call bedtime, I snuck away and locked myself in the bathroom for 10 minutes. Just me and Oprah. Phew. I flipped through the pages and stumbled on an article with the headline: 5 Things I Know For Sure. If this writer's list was good enough for Oprah then surely it was good enough for me. So I read it. 

While reading this woman's list I realized there are several things I know for sure. Rather than ramble on about how great pizza is or how much I know Britney Spears should knock Madonna out of her "Queen of Pop" title, I decided to narrow this down to 5 Things I know for Sure about DIVORCE.

Here we go...
  1. A bad ass attorney is worth her (or his) weight in gold. Think you can't afford one? You can't afford to NOT have one. 
  2. Friends show their true colors during divorce.
  3. The emotional roller coaster is exhausting but necessary. Allow yourself to go through each stage- cry, beat the crap out of your pillow, take advantage of unlimited cell phone minutes with girlfriends, whatever you need to do to process. Burying your feelings and emotions just make it worse...and ultimately prolongs your recovery.
  4. Prayer works. Anytime, every time, all the time. God has your back. No matter what.
  5. The grass can be greener. 
We want to know what YOU know for sure...leave us a comment!
xoxo Holiday 
 

1 comment: