Thursday, March 13, 2014

I have a confession...

Well hello, there. It's been a while. It's been a long while, actually...so long that I'm due for a confession.

I'm a perfectionist.

Part of the reason I have a hard time blogging consistently is because I want every post, every sentence, every paragraph to be perfect. And that's a pretty tough standard to set for yourself, especially when your goal is to write at least once a week. Rather than put myself through torture of possibly falling short, I just don't write. Because unless it's going to be a slam dunk of a post, I would rather not put it out there for the world to see.

Guess what? I'm ready to let that go.

During the process of writing The Ex Wives' Guide to Divorce I've learned a lot about myself. If you've ever written a book you know what I'm talking about. For example, I've realized that without a deadline it won't get done... and my creative juices peak between the hours of 10pm and 2am (not exactly convenient with 2 little kids, but that's what coffee is for).

Valerie and I are cut from the same cloth, and while sometimes that's a GREAT thing, there are times it paralyzes us. We both have awesome ideas, creative skills and incredible motivation. On the flip side, we both feel the need to deliver the absolute BEST in anything and everything we do. Hence the minimal blog posts. I'd bet you $20 she doesn't write as much as she wants on this blog because she's just like me (no, I haven't even mentioned this to her). We both want every post to be off the charts hilarious, clever, witty, and full of all things genius. Obviously.

We have so many exciting things in the works with our book- and some other really, really exciting things we can't even talk about yet. Eeeeeeek! The future is definitely bright for the Ex Wives...but our success wouldn't be complete without some friends to cheer us on. Writing and publishing a book is a journey, it's an experience, and it's pretty darn cool. In addition to sharing our personal stories and divorce experiences/advice, we're going to give you a sneak peek into the adventures of publishing a book. We'll even keep you in the loop on our progress. So check back with us often- instead of writing the "perfect" blog post I'm just going to keep it real. Mini victories, big victories, disappointments, failures...whatever it is, we want to be an open book for you, our readers...our cheerleaders...our supporters...our fans (oooooh, that sounds so fancy!)

xoxo Holiday
  

No comments:

Post a Comment