Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Because We Are All Soooo 2015

Happy New Years everyone!!!  As 2014 loudly for some, and quietly for others slips away, I wanted to take this opportunity to wish all of you a Happy New Years on behalf of The Ex-Wives.

In true typical NYE fashion I also want to issue all of you a challenge  Don't worry - this one doesn't involve a long list of DONT'S (like not eating carbs) rather just one thing to DO. (Yay for us!)

See, I was excited for my New Years this year too.  Particularly New Years Eve, as I was supposed to be sipping fruity non-kid friendly drinks with umbrellas filled with unfiltered water and God knows what in Mexico and then hop on a boat and conga line my way into 2015 in a gorgeous Anthropologie dress, sparkly gold shoes, and no doubt a noise maker with lipstick and champagne stains (mine, others, who cares, ole!).  And that was going to be bueno, actually muy bueno.  

But plans changed.  Quickly.  As in 6 hours before I was to be picked up for my flight.  

Instead, I changed courses (and flights!) unpacking my tropical vacation suitcase full of color and vibrant warm weather clothes for the frozen tundra of Middle State Michigan far from tropical gloves, and hats, and sweaters, and sweatpants.  I am currently wearing all of the aforementioned in addition to wearing my winter coat as I type in my mothers house in Kalamazoo watching the snow fall as we get ready to go to a church to hear tubas play.  (No - I couldn't make that up even if I wanted too…)  

I could go on with the whole story on how my gifted tropical vacation from the boy I now used to date called me 6 hours before our trip to tell me "I'm just not excited" and he just needed me to talk to him so he could make up his mind if we should really go.  I could go on about the fact I was in the ER the day before for non-stop vomiting.  I could go on about how this was going to be one of the very few times away from my son for more than 3 days without me being sick or in a hospital, ever.  I could go on about how I had to move heaven and earth to make all of this trip of ours happen - as all single mothers do.  But I won't.

I won't because this year I will be re-writing all of my stories.  And I'm challenging all of you to do the same.

That's right - I am done telling the stories (well not the realllly funny ones because they're normally pretty worth it) that send an ounce of bad energy into the world or pain or conjures up a vision of me wearing a name tag that says Hello My Name Is: VICTIM.  Bad energy for me, bad energy for "what happened", bad anything that drains instead of fills is so 2014.  And we lovely ladies, are so not last year…  We are sooo 2015.

This doesn't mean bad things won't happen - that's not real life - you and I know that.  Some of us know this a little too much, in fact we would like to un-friend it on Facebook if we could.  I just refuse to give life to things that steal an ounce of my or any ones joy in 2015.  

I'm hoping you feel the same way and join me in declaring to the world, the Universe, to God, to Oprah (I swear Oprah is the adult version of Santa Claus to me…) to whomever you feel guides your spirit and makes your soul sing in key that we are ready to re-write our everyday stories.  Because even though they sometimes start without us doesn't mean they need to end without us stealing the pen back.

So with much adieu, I am pleased to present my re-written New Years week and Eve story.  And it goes a little somethin' like this (picture that sang rap Diddy style):
- Decent boy meets beautiful on the inside and out happy girl.
- Nice enough boy wants smart and creative girl full of sunshine and she says okay.
- Ordinary boy needs to either hatch or go bad - because nobody (including good energy girl) wants just a decent egg.
- Boy goes bad week before New Years trip and expires 6 hours before departure with fabulous full of life girl who now fashionably has a new Anthropologie tropical dress collection.
- Girl is happy and relieved - because breaking up with a decent egg is really hard to do, but a bad egg… you just scrape down the drain and continue cooking.

And the fairy tale ending to my rewritten story...
- Groovy Girl fishes her wish.  Instead of bringing in 2015 somewhere warm with a cold heart, she brings in 2015 somewhere cold with a VERY warm heart, because she is surrounded by those that bring her love and joy and happiness.  And her end is just her beginning to a very BRIGHT 2015.

We hope all of your 2015's are rewritten the very same way - written by YOU in a way that reminds you how wonderful, and loving, and DESERVING OF JOY you really are - no matter where you are in the last hours of 2014 or what your past stories are.  

So get out a new pen Girlfriend, because your 2015 is ready to be written… And I just know it's going to be a good, if not the best, story you will ever tell.

Happy New Year!!! 

Love, Valerie (Of V & H of The Ex-Wives)



No comments:

Post a Comment